Saturday, December 5, 2009

Guess my college, win a prize

My secret is out. Well, it will be out soon.

I'm revealing the name of my college in an essay I've sent to Salon.com which will publish sometime early next week. (And I'm trying to avoid thinking about the consequences of this.)

I figured I'd give my readership a chance to guess the name first. Attentive readers would know that I've accidentally revealed it on 3-4 occasions and that there are plenty of clues to at least make an educated guess.

Here are the rules.

1. You can't guess if you know me personally.
2. You can only guess once.
3. Put your guess in the comment section of this entry by Monday 8am ET.

Winner gets an 8x10 photo, an artifact from the van, or my secret Spartan Student cookbook. Haven't decided yet.

11 comments:

Seth Miller said...

WF

Seth Miller said...

whoops, looks like I should have went with my other guess after looking at your most recent clue. Or maybe i just really didn't want the prize.

Spork said...

I hope you've made alternative parking arrangements...

Spork said...

Must be Duke?

Mike said...

Go Blue Devils!

Mike Troy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mike Troy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
john said...

Based on the location in North Carolina and the Lily Library article, I think your school is Duke.

John

Josh said...

Yeah it's gotta be Duke. Judging by the symbol on the campus security car you took a photo of, it looks like the Duke University Chapel on the Univeristy's crest.

Man I got too much spare time here, not bad for an aussie dude though eh....

Anonymous said...

I didn't figure there were too many places where a student would dress up as a beat up UNC fan for halloween.

Ken said...

For those who made it in on time (8am) congrats. Email me your mailng address and I'll mail you your prize.

spartanstudent@gmail.com

Don't expect anything extraordinary--maybe just an 8X10 pic of me half-naked eating a bowl of spaghetti stew for you to frame on your dining room wall. I had no idea I had so many perspicacious readers. ;)

Anon: good eye on the halloween costume; wasn't sure if anyone was going to make that deduction.

Mike: very close, but no. I'm impressed regardless. I removed your comments for obvious reasons.

Josh: amazing. I even edited that picture in paint to remove any clues, but missed the one you found.